The right plan
Pascal has a different pricing model from most tools. It is offered as a flexible SaaS concept, so you can pick and pay for the services and data modules that your organisation needs, from the essential Pascal to an extended version with external modules like Worldcheck integrated in your searches. Or maybe you prefer data access only, without the user interface. It’s all negotiable.
Pascal comes as a Sofware-as-a-Service solution. This means Pascal is flexible, scalable, always up to date and totally secure. No up-front investment is needed, except for implementation and training. This makes Pascal highly cost-efficient considering the yield on process efficiency.
Compliance screening made easy
Pascal is easy to install and implement. After a one day training your compliance department is in business. During the job online and human assistance are there to support. That’s what we call: compliance screening made easy.
Are you curious what Pascal can do for your organisation? Just call +31 20 797 7817, open a live chat or send an email: [email protected]
Questions & Answers
What is Pascal?
Pascal is a compliance support platform. It’s a user-friendly tool that staff in financial services companies can use, individually or as a team, as part of their KYC and CDD processes. It can be used more broadly to screen potential clients and business partners in and outside the financial sector.
Who is behind Pacal?
Pascal was made by a young data analytics company called Vartion. Vartion’s AI-powered search engine, was already helping scientists around the world find relevant content in millions of scientific articles. But now, with financial professionals on board and with input from partners like KPMG, EY, Loyens & Loeff and Microsoft, this technology is being harnessed to provide financial industry players with unique support for compliance decisions.
What does Pascal do?
Pascal quickly provides information on clients that’s detailed, reliable, relevant and consistent, so that screening staff can take well-founded decisions.
How does Pascal do this?
Pascal intelligently checks clients/third parties and flags any potential compliance issues. Pascal runs a name check against all publicly available PEP and sanctions lists, but also against publicly available media in multiple languages.
Checks can be completed in a matter of seconds. An ideal and user-friendly tool for individual or mass onboarding of clients.
Pascal can also perform 24/7 monitoring on selected clients.
What does Pascal use to achieve this?
- Its own huge and steadily growing database, scraped daily from publicly available
media in multiple languages – including sources like Wikileaks, the Paradise Papers, etc.
- A powerful self-learning search engine developed in house, with artificial intelligence
technology that enables it to actually read and understand running texts and extract
How exactly does Pascal check on adverse media?
Pascal does not use traditional search technology to spot entities and keywords, but AI to actually “read” the context. Pascal:
- Finds entities and keywords regardless of spelling variations in different languages
- Recognises homonyms, i.e. the difference between “he was fine” and “he received a fine”
- Recognises semantic equivalents. For instance, the Sexual Crime tag will also turn up
“XYZ patted me on the lower back in the elevator”
- Shows only one hit for identical articles in multiple media
What makes Pascal better than other compliance solutions?
- Produces fewer false positives
- Uses AI-driven adverse media tagging
- Uses a proprietary data lake of media, guaranteeing extremely fast search
- Features powerful relevance and confidence scoring
- Is extremely easy to use
- Has been developed by finance and risk professionals as well as IT experts
Why do companies need Pascal?
- Increasing (adverse media) risks as a result of exploding data-volumes
- Stricter legislation and regulations
- Higher risk of prosecution and fines
- For staff, screening-process is becoming increasingly time-consuming and complex